This position is responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment throughout the plant. This position is responsible for preventative maintenance, change out and set up of equipment for operation. This position will be subject to call back on weekends and holidays and may work overtime. Responsibilities · Provide preventative maintenance electrical or mechanical operation. · Ability to install /maintain hydraulic equipment, pumps, motors, cylinders. · Ability to install /maintain utility equipment, i.e., boilers, compressors, HVAC systems, cooling towers. · Troubleshoot or repair electrical or mechanical equipment. ·Ability to change out or set up equipment, i.e., mixers, pumps, packaging equipment. · Ability to do minor prefab or run machine shop equipment. · Responsible for cleaning their work area No discipline or warnings concerning attendance, unsafe work behavior, job negligence in the last twelve months.
- Shift start: 6:00AM or 2:00PM or 9:00PM
- Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
- Days: Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday, some weekends and evenings required as well as on-call rotation
- Health, dental, vision insurance available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- Two-year associate degree in related skills trade preferred.
- Or in lieu of degree, one-year fluid power technician with 2 years of industrial maintenance experience, required.
- Any combination of technical skills trade education and machine maintenance experience will be considered.
- General knowledge of gear drives and conveyors, required
- General knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems required.
- Able to work in adverse temperatures, and damp environments required.
- Knowledge of CMMS preferred
- In lieu of degree or combination experience education; one-year fluid power degree combined with successful completion of one-year probationary period of grade 5 machine maintenance trainee position will be considered.
- Must be at least 18+ years old
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
$3000 new hire incentive
Up to this amount based on experience level
About Tyson Foods
Tyson Foods is one of the world's largest food companies and a recognized leader in protein. Founded in 1935 by John W. Tyson and grown under three generations of family leadership, the company has a broad portfolio of products and brands like Tyson®, Jimmy Dean®, Hillshire Farm®, Ball Park®, Wright®, Aidells®, ibp®, and State Fair®. Tyson Foods innovates continually to make protein more sustainable, tailor food for everywhere it's available and raise the world's expectations for how much good food can do. Headquartered in Springdale, Arkansas, the company had 121,000 team members at September 29, 2018. Through its Core Values, Tyson Foods strives to operate with integrity, create value for its shareholders, customers, communities and team members and serve as a steward of the animals, land, and environment entrusted to it.
PID = 5666
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers